4.17.2012

Baby Steps...

So start anew I did or I'm trying. Although I admit it's a little hard because it also means that you must change a little yourself, nonetheless I am trying. I am committed to making my relationship the best it can be.

I spent the entire weekend with P, just us two. No gadgets of any sorts, laptops, phone, nada. Sometimes these things, although helpful, can be a major distraction. A distraction from people who are seeking your attention.

Friday we went to the bookstore and spent a majority of the night there. Afterwards we drove around looking at houses, pointing out the ones we liked.

Saturday we went to the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival in DC. It was a beautiful day. Enjoyed the performances, food and most all getting to sit on the ground on Pennsylvania Ave taking it all in. 

Later on that night, I must admit, we got drunk. Something I haven't done in a very long time. And we talked for hours about everything and nothing. At times P did say things that inside made me a little mad, but I didn't let it bother me. Instead it gave me some insight on how I act. Be open, without anger or judgements.

Sunday, we slept in. I always wake up much earlier than he, so I just start my slow mornings. Read my book, clean up, watch a movie, take a shower. I appreciate these moments to myself and I let him enjoy his sleep. Once he wakes up, we ran some errands together, went back home and spent the rest of the day cuddled up under blankets on the couch.

We laughed, smiled, and talked. Bliss in the simpleness. We both put in our part, a true partnership. Everyday I pray for this and everyday I will seek this happiness. 

You start with baby steps.  

No comments: