3.26.2013

Easter Party Banner

So for the past month I have been planning our family's annual Easter party. It's something that started a few years back by my best friend. My family and I never really ever did anything for Easter other than the typical of every Catholic family; church and eat fish.

Seriously that's all I remember of Easter growing up.

Versus my best friend who grew up on Easter egg hunts and Easter baskets. I remember one year my best friend asked me what I would be doing for Easter, specifically for my niece, and I replied nothing. She stared at me with a look of extreme shock. She couldn't believe I hadn't grown up with the same traditions as she. Let alone that I would have my niece grow up with the same dull Easter traditions as I. She even said what kind of childhood did I have without Easter baskets! Ha!

She quickly started the tradition with our family of egg hunts and baskets, even if it was just for my niece. Now the small "get togethers" have become quite an affair.

Anyway as I was saying I've been a month into the planning and fortunately I have the help of my sister and cousin, who have helped greatly with the to-do list.

This year I have added some decorative elements to the party. Not too many or I would probably freak the hell out!

In my opinion, the most important decoration of the any party is the banner, along with table covers. I have no idea why I think table covers are so important, but to me they are.

So after searching online for the "perfect" font. I was able to find a bunch of different kinds of themes, not just Easter themes, on catchmyparty. I decided to go with the polka dots, not too girly or boyish, perfect.

So here are the probably unnecessary, but super easy instructions on how to make your very own banner!



And there you have it folks, banner all done!!!

I'll post a picture of the banner hanging once its party time. I currently have it pressed in between a couple of thick books, so the ends won't curl up.


No comments: