11.09.2011

Hallow's Eve

Oh Halloween, Halloween! I absolutely love Halloween, its happens to be one of my favorites holidays. I love everything about it:decorations, scary movies, candy, the parties, the costumes, weather, the whole vibe in general.

The best part is dressing up. I know, I know sometimes it can get a little expensive buying a new costume each year, let alone trying to figure out what to be for Halloween. A lot of people this year either waited to the very last minute to get some deal off of a costume, made their own, or created something out of their closet...this is kinda what I did.

So this year I decided that I wanted to be a "traditional" day of the dead (Dia de los Muertos)-- "girl." Ok you might be thinking either "what's that?" or "ok a zombie" It's not really a zombie but I certainly was "dead." Day of the dead is a Mexican holiday in where people remember deceased loves ones, by decorating & visiting alters. Even though it is a bit morbid, the decorations can be very pretty.


lelonopo.com

davidbaptistechirot.blogspot.com



















People can and do wear makeup to embody or reseamble the dead. Well this is what initially gave me the idea. I was looking for a new background for my phone when I came across this picture...



And I fell in love with the whole idea. Thus I started my transformation into live human to sexy dead corspe. Let me tell you that applying all the makeup took a lot longer than I expected. I think it took me about an hour and half. And towards the end I kinda had to rush because I was late to the party. It was well worth the time but I sincerely didn't believe it was going to take me that long.

 I wanted to put an instructional video but I still haven't gotten my whole laptop situation fixed so I don't have access to many video editing programs right now. Maybe later. So this how my makeup turned out.  

 
















Overall, I was really proud of how it turned out. And my fam and friends were really impressed. I guess it's not the typical costume. Now my sister wants to have a whole theme party involving everyone done up similarly!

So finished the look by buying a pair of earrings and top that had a "Spanish" flair to it. And a skirt that I already had own. (I can't put that picture up right now...technical issues!)

Overall I think I spent less that $40 bucks. Plus the earrings and top is something that I can continue to wear. So no lost money there!

Hope everyone had an awesome Halloween!

No comments: